Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Nate Bartling

My Mate Nate YouTube gets in trouble w/Thai police for putting a coin on a railroad track


There once was a fellow named Nate
Who suffered a terrible fate.
He put a coin smack
On the railroad track --
The cops want him as an inmate.



***********************************************************************************
Nathan Bartling replied to my limerick on FB as follows: There is enough negativity in this world. We dont need more of it here in this group. 
 Of all the places that I get criticised for my videos, the last place need it from is church members. Thats supposed to be the one place we should all be able to go and feel safe.

And RM Jordan Smith had this to say to me on FB, too:  Tim, I don't see the point of posting this here either. Nate has done great things for the Lord, TBM RMs, and the Thai people. It's sad to see you're willing to take a moment and dirty the great brotherhood that exists among TBM RMs

Sumittra Harichai also seconded Jordan Smith on FB, writing:   I agree with you:) We are not perfect. We love you!Nathan Bartling

Monica None Painter blasted me as well, with an added threat:  Timothy I think I speak for many when I say this post isn't really appreciated and we would like it taken down. Nathan Bartling is our friend and someone we care about and this group isn't the audience you are looking for for a post like this. Thank you.

Kong -la D Ratanawan made this sage observation on FB:   Drama's farang is going on here.

And finally, Bruce L. Herr Jr awards me the ultimate social media accolade:  I agree with the above posts, this is not the place for an internet troll to be posting this kind of garbage. Don't know Nate personally, but I have appreciated much of what he has posted and I assume he continues to be a positive voice for the church in Thailand.

Only one returned missionary from Thailand thought my original limerick was any good -- and he asked me not to use his name when he sent me this comment on pm FB:  Nate Bartling is lucky he is not in jail yet. He is damaging the name of his church by being obnoxious on YouTube for the purposes of making money. He has done several videos that are offensive to Thai sensibilities, but he doesn't seem to care about that.

Let me amend that: I just got a FB pm from another old missionary companion, who wrote me -- "thought you would like the post about RM idiot "My Mate Nate"... from a very well educated Thai member in Bangkok you may know... look up "janjira sirisarn" post...I have first hand reports on how his actions have made missionary work difficult..."

Quite frankly, I think I should charge Brother Bartling for all the PR I am providing him with! 



Due to this tremendous and overwhelming response to a simple limerick that was meant in jest but obviously taken in deadly earnest, I hereby submit a new limerick commemorating Brother Bartling's railroad adventure in Thailand:

let's all put our coins on the track
and never fear getting some flack.
it's just simple fun --
there's no need to shun
such people -- let's give them a plaque!










No comments:

Post a Comment