Saturday, July 1, 2017

Photo Essay: The Provo Farmer's Market at Pioneer Park


The Provo Farmer's Market is held on Saturdays this summer at Pioneer Park, from 9 until 2. But truth be told -- it's more of a Craft Fair than a produce market. You can buy soap, Korean kimchi, jewelry, and other assorted knick knacks -- but I didn't see any fresh produce at all. Maybe it's just too early in the season . . .

This brings back memories of my days of circus tenting. The competition to get a plug on the rhino box was intense, even cut-throat -- because if you didn't get there quick enough, you couldn't plug in for juice for your trailer. It looked to me that only about a third of the booths at Pioneer Park were using electricity.



Dream catchers for sale


Frying up samosas 



Henna tattoos



Political parties canvass for new members


Myosook Lee sells bulgogi and cucumber kimchi -- it looked so good I promised her I'd come back to buy my lunch -- but after reflecting on my budget for July, I decided I'd better stick to pork & beans. I just bought a new cell phone . . .


The candy man


Musicians pass the hat



Sales can be slow


There's one born every minute . . .



I did this kind of stuff with pipe cleaners as a kid



No comments:

Post a Comment