Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Restaurant Review: Breakfast at Chick-fil-A

I cannot make myself like Chick-fil-A, no matter how hard I try. McDonald's I like. Arby's is okay. Dairy Queen has its ups and downs. Burger King I relish. KFC is my go-to place for comfort food. Carl's Jr is my home away from home. But this upstart fowl has found no place in my heart or stomach. I guess I came to it too late. I never ate at one until my daughter Madelaine treated me when I returned from Thailand back in 2012. By then my trencherman ways were set.

I've been in Chick-fil-A several times, and the staff never looks too happy. Maybe they miss working on Sundays


I got the chicken biscuit combo, for $5.09. I took a bunch of sauce packets because, as you can see, the meal itself is rather dinky. The sauces kinda fill it out.

The tater coins were minuscule


I got there at 9:30; the indoor trade was nil



It's hard to fault a fast food joint that offers honey -- to me, that's classy


The obligatory restroom selfie -- why am I obsessed with taking these at every restaurant I visit? I must be sick


Their breakfast biscuits crumble at the slightest touch, making the biscuit sandwich a hassle to eat. Why don't they serve chicken gravy over biscuits, as breakfast chicken al a king? I'd eat that every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment