Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Today's timericks

 



Republicans cry 'voter fraud'/and claim the process way too flawed/they want a recount that will drain/heart and hope and wealth and brain/but the only thing in doubt/is how to shoo that White House lout.


A fireplace with logs aflame/that crackles merrily/warms my old bones at day's end/but makes a thug of me/All that carbon up the flue/infallibly produces/greenhouse gas that's killing off/the birdies and the mooses!


Gimme a home in the suburbs/where COVID and crime are aloof/with plenty of room to set up my Zoom/and six bathrooms under my roof/Neighbors, though distant, are friendly/and they make good money, like me/we swim in our pools and have the best schools/and think of the slums with great pity/so what if my rent is outrageous/I sit in my hot tub and drink/sparkling wine and then lightly dine/on squid sauteed in its own ink/Perhaps I am selfish; however/when plague sits upon this great land/all charitable thought is easily bought/by donating pork & beans canned.




No comments:

Post a Comment