Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Today's Timericks.

 




I'm grateful to my critics/whose constant carping tongue/have kept me trying harder/and feeling mighty young/Their petty commentaries/though obvious and flat/have tightened up my writing/improving my format.


Americans are yearning/to visit home again/to sacrifice a turkey/to goodwill among men/these altars to indulgence/must now abandoned stay/unless to spread a virus/becomes the Yankee way.


The government is tracking/my whereabouts by phone/I wish they'd stop their snooping/and leave me all alone/The data they're collecting/will blow up in their face/when I reverse the process/and their phones start to trace!


Those data mine claim jumpers/near San Francisco Bay/are too big for their britches/and need a good fillet/Europe's got their number/and cuts them down to size/But Uncle Sam won't step up/and look them in the eyes.


The Congress of Peru/is twisted as a screw/Despite their diatribes/they all take massive bribes/The janitors alone/no perks are ever thrown.

No comments:

Post a Comment