Thursday, November 5, 2020

Today's timericks.

 



Who cares about the President/as long as bacon's resident/upon my plate, in lavish piles/I'll greet the next Boss with but smiles/I'm complacent and content/as long as rashers I can scent.


Rupert Murdoch is the man/ev'ryone just loves to pan/he's too bossy, he's too old/he has gotten too much gold/newspapers now all agree/he is Simon F. Legree/Me, I think the poor old guy/just craves a piece of mutton pie. 


The dinosaurs did not die out from meteor impact/volcanoes didn't kill 'em off, nor caveman artifact/what did 'em in was weariness from natural selection/when they decided to invent that lethal first election.


A hurricane in Florida is old news nowadays/they smash into the beaches there as if they'd come to graze/If my home were in Florida, I'd heed the Bible tale/and build myself an ark and wait for one more storm to sail.


More states are voting for the weed that banishes dull care/the marijuana era has arrived without fanfare/you'd think that this would satisfy us in the face of doom/but now the stoners want to legalize their darling shroom.  


In Paris we will sign no deals/despite tree huggers' loud appeals/we think that coal and gasoline/are patriotic in extreme/this 'global warming' is a joke/we simply need more chimney smoke!



in Sonoma's wine country/fires still on are on a spree/all the grapes have sizzled up/there will be no cheery cup/vintners need a brand new goal/they should start to sell charcoal.


a happy meal for breakfast doesn't thrill me in the least/I NEED some grits and pancakes to appease my inner beast/no rubber eggs or hash browns damp for this guy, if you please/I prefer an omelette that eschews all process cheese/besides, I'm always late to get to work so haven't time/to stop at a McDonald's for a culinary crime.



Malicious music played by folk/with too much money is a joke/feuding mansions makes me yearn/for people who must work and earn/all their daily bread alone/without a trust fund or a throne/give me simple peasants whose/brawls stem from just honest booze. 

No comments:

Post a Comment