Saturday, November 28, 2020

Today's timericks.

 



A loaf of bread is all I ask/no jug of wine for me/and as for female company/I'm far too brusque, you see/Underneath a scented pine/or in my hushed study/I paint word pictures by job lot/to peddle artlessly.


The world is fraught with leftovers/as turkey gravy prowls/from fridge to fridge post holiday/congealing all our bowels/the tupperware is fit to burst/with dressing and green beans/and no one possibly can wear/a pair of decent jeans!


I think Black Friday was a bust/nobody went a-shoppin'/People stayed at home instead/to shop online non-stoppin'/Of course I stayed above the fray/Conspicuous consumption/takes more money than I've got/and a lot more gumption. 


I hope that Trump evaporates like a patch of smog/in the coming years and finds repose in some gulag/The media should guarantee his antics to ignore/so as a beaten zombie he disturbs our peace no more.


China is so generous they build across their fences/hoping to promote a bunch of happy consequences/Then they get their feelings hurt when other nations holler/All they want to do is get much bigger, and not smaller . . . 




No comments:

Post a Comment