Monday, March 18, 2019

My Fool Imagination


And this they said he had done because of the foolish imaginations of his heart.
First Nephi. Chapter Two. Verse 11.

My fool imagination leads me often to defeat,
down paths to fountains tepid that are often bittersweet.
Unlike the dreams of those ordained like Lehi in the past,
my insights are pedestrian and never colorfast.
*
But I do not deplore my days as wasted in the dust,
because my heart adheres to One that I do fully trust.
Though others call me foolish for how often I do fail,
I've given my allegiance to the Man who will prevail.
*
My fool imagination still must play its giddy pranks,
but even in frustration I continue to give thanks
that folly and calamity will not soon overwhelm
my fragile craft as God alone assumes the stubborn helm.

No comments:

Post a Comment