Friday, March 22, 2019

Rattle like a gourd

 But behold I said unto them that: As the Lord liveth, and as we live, we will not go down unto our father in the wilderness until we have accomplished the thing which the Lord hath commanded us.
First Nephi. Chapter Three. Verse 15

I may not have the strongest faith
but I will tell you what --
when I am told it can't be done
my jaw begins to jut.
*
Told I'd never be a circus clown, I barely heeded
parents, teachers, and therefore I finally succeeded.
I was told by friends and fam'ly not to serve a mission,
but why the heck would I even ever ask for their permission?
*
And now I'm old and fat and poor -- abandoned by the Lord?
Not a chance, you doubting Toms -- I rattle like a gourd.
Rattle with a feisty joy that if there's one more day
granted me I'll serve the Boss in some darned better way!
*



No comments:

Post a Comment