Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Photo Essay: To Fresh Market and Back

Early this morning I walked over to Fresh Market for a cheddar/jalapeno bagel and some smoked salmon flavored cream cheese. My dream breakfast.

They encourage you cram your plastic bags in here for recycling. I asked Elvi, a cute Filipina cashier, what happens to the bags. She said somebody comes by to collect them each day, but more than that she didn't know, and didn't seem to care. 


Can't you just hear the muzak already?

Someday I hope to be rich enough to afford a jar of 'never heated' Clausen pickles.


They sell a lot of pinatas at this store. But I don't think any of the cashiers speak Spanish.


 All the employees wear black. What's that about? Only movie villains should be allowed to wear black.

I'd love to know what happened to the marketing genius who came up with this campaign.



In case you can't read the labels: Pigs Tails. Pigs Feet. Hog Ears. 


I can't ever catch even a whiff of spices at the spice shelve -- that's carrying vacuum packed to a brutal extreme. I bet people would buy a lot more McCormick if they could smell the paprika or rosemary.  


S'long Fresh Market. My warm bagel cost 79 cents and the small tub of whipped cream cheese cost $3.29. 



1 comment: