Friday, March 22, 2019

The Bride of Cthulhu


An aspiring young actress who has worked as a waitress in a Manhattan restaurant for the last three years said she worried that restaurants would raise menu prices and switch to a nontipping model if they had to pay servers $15 an hour. The actress, who just landed a role in an independent horror film but declined to be identified to avoid upsetting her employer, said she would not continue as a waitress without the chance to earn tips.
NYT

it's called "The Bride of Cthulhu" 
and I got the leading role of fungus bringer
no dialogue but they let me dance mostly
naked

thank god for my barback job
while waiting for my big break
that tip jar fed me cobb salads
and tuna sandwiches

did you know William Shatner
lived on mostly tuna fish
when he was a young actor?
He can't stand it now

fifteen an hour is not a living
wage
if the tips go away
for good

I'd rather work at Zauder Brothers Wigs
they got a strong union I hear
and if I save the castoffs who knows
I could be playing "Bride of the Werewolf"




No comments:

Post a Comment