Saturday, March 9, 2019

Takeout


Food delivery is proving to be a thorny, expensive and crucial puzzle for restaurantsgrocers and investors. Billions of dollars have been spent in a quest to build services that reliably move fresh food from one place to another, yet many in the business wonder if they will ever get the economics right. Most delivery orders remain unprofitable.
WSJ

I sit in front of pantry filled
with good food, both plain and frilled.
But I'm lazy, so I dial
for some roasted crocodile.
*
It's delivered pdq --
and it's flavored barbecue.
And there's edamame beans
with a salad of fresh greens.
*
Emperors of ancient Rome
don't eat like I do at home.
Happy, on La Croix I sip
knowing I don't have to tip.
*
But when restaurants cease to be
cuz of takeout bankruptcy
I will starve within my house
all for lack of hot lobscouse.



No comments:

Post a Comment