Sunday, October 4, 2020

Coronavirus Surge in Mail Voting Most Likely to Lead to More Rejected Ballots. (WSJ)

 




I mailed my ballot in last week;

my postman then began to shriek.

He told me there was postage due

and all my stamps were missing glue.

The envelop was inside out

and went by way of young cub scout.

I used red ink instead of black;

my signature looked like a yak.

I doodled on the ballot, which

gave the judges all a twitch.

I used a check mark, not an X,

making counters nervous wrecks.

They said my address was not right;

I must be higher than a kite.

Neglecting all my p's and q's

was not a justified excuse.

So up the river I was sent

for choosing the next President!



****************************

And from the Peanut Gallery at the Wall Street Journal comes this response from a subscriber who gives his or her name only as 'Grouchen B.'   

"Tim, if you think you're being funny or clever, trust me, you fail on both accounts.  This is a serious issue, and as someone who will be voting by mail/absentee, I understand why many are confused about what goes into which envelope.  It isn't intuitive here in Minnesota.  And if my 85 year old mother were still alive, and she was smart and still sharp, but she would have needed help to figure it out."


No comments:

Post a Comment