Sunday, October 18, 2020

Today's timericks. Sunday, October 18, 2020.

 




I work at home, without a care/that I am in my underwear/My hair's a mess; my teeth unbrushed/and after Five I'm pretty flushed/Potato chips on my keyboard/are swept aside or just ignored/The TV plays, just to my right/I'm now allergic to sunlight/A cyber hermit for my job/I've now become the perfect slob.



Orders placed online today/in the warehouse long will stay/Deliveries will be postponed/and eventually disowned/cuz there ain't enough strong hands/to promote our Christmas plans/Once this problem is debated/have child labor reinstated/Otherwise old Santa Claus/will put your presents all on pause. 



I wish I weren't a poet;

Impractical am I.

When I should be out working,

I'm gazing at the sky.

The world needs men of action,

who flinch not at the fight.

Me, I sit and daydream

of just which word is right.

Homer was a poet,

and Milton weren't no slouch.

But my stuff is so tepid

'twould make Joe Brodsky crouch.

I shoulda been a barber,

just cutting people's hair;

I'd still have finer feelings,

but I just wouldn't care.





after you have took a spin/keep an eye on your new Schwinn/do not think of any folly/that would leave alone your Raleigh/thieves will work with lightning speed/to hijack velocipede/Bring it inside; crooks do mock/any kind of tandem lock/Makes you wonder if their strikes/will include now kiddy trikes.





No comments:

Post a Comment