Friday, October 30, 2020

Today's timericks.

 





Uncle Sam is warning China's neighbors, left and right/that Beijing is a bully and a braggart and a blight/but should these neighbors get into a border crossing fray/they will find that Uncle Sam is staying far away.


I won't go back to work today/no matter what my boss may say/unless he brings in caviar/some blinis, and a movie star/and even then I may leave early/if my salad greens ain't curly.


Gray wolves are endangered, but the White House juggernaut/has removed protections so the critters can be shot/Wouldn't it be pleasant if we had an open season/on those Oval Office wonks who led this wildlife treason?


I predict Election Night descends to chaos gayly/giving us a show like the old Ringling, Barnum, Bailey/Three rings of absurdity that frolics until daylight/then a sorry mess that will continue just to stay trite.


waking up at three a.m. is not my cup of tea/I'd rather have my knee caps broke or swallow a tepee/I know that if I stay up I will zombie-like become/and if I try to hit the hay to worry I'll succumb/and so I putter with light verse, none of it terrific/since it seems to work on most as a soporific.

No comments:

Post a Comment