Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Today's Timerick: I'm drowning in the gene pool

 


I'm drowning in the gene pool of my ancestors -- gadzooks!/This is something they don't teach you in the science books/Sure, they mention traits from parents that we might assume/but not how it becomes the path to our own tragic doom/I've got my father's piggish eyes, and his blooming girth/my mother's nose and lack of any pleasant sort of mirth/my receding chin is just a gift from Uncle Jim/My last name's unpronounceable -- I use a pseudonym/My Viking forebears drank their mead until it turned to flab/and I am challenged with their own familial bar tab/The bags beneath my eyes are shared with cousins by the score/and now I am afflicted with the damn ancestral snore/I started out a comely youth, with wit and charm and looks/and now my visage is a troll's, along with warts -- gadzooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment